Get The COVID Alert App
ECAO and our partners, IBEW CCO encourage our members to download the COVID Alert mobile app to protect yourself and your community!
Apple App store: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/id1520284227
Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.gc.hcsc.canada.stopcovid
Get a phone alert if you may have been exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus), and let others know if you test positive without sharing any personal information.
Why download the COVID Alert?
Along with physical distancing, wearing a mask and other important steps, knowing what to do if you have been exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus) is another key way to protect yourself and your community.
But how do you know if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19? And, if you get sick, how can you make sure even strangers you’ve been near taking the right steps to protect themselves and others? That’s where COVID Alert comes in.
With the free COVID Alert app, you can:
- -get a notification if you may have been exposed to COVID-19
- -get advice on what to do next
- -tell nearby app users if you test positive for COVID-19, without sharing any personal information
COVID Alert will not:
- collect, store or access any personal data, or health information
- tell you if you’re currently near someone who’s tested positive
- tell you about outbreaks in your city or neighbourhood
COVID Alert is completely voluntary. You choose to download, use or delete it. The more people who use it, the more effective it will be in helping to protect each other and our communities. As a result, and for the health and safety of our communities, ECAO and IBEW/CCO recommend that our members download and utilize the free COVID Alert app.