ECAO Feedback to MOL on Construction H&S Awareness Training
The ECAO submitted feedback to the MOL on August 12, 2016 with regard to mandatory Construction Health and Safety Awareness training. The proposals presented by the MOL:
- Significantly exceed what the Tony Dean Expert Panel intended in its recommendations;
- Are impractical and out of step with the times in the manner in which they prescribe training must be delivered;
- Are too costly as recommended and must be offered through an online format;
- Disadvantage good performing mainstream companies;
- Fail to address the willful non-compliers who are responsible for a significant percentage of accidents; and
- Ignore the need to measure the effectiveness of the training.
Our full submission is attached.
The submission deadline has passed but you can still access the background information on the MOL website.