MOL Health and Safety Prevention Program Review Consultation
- An employer participating in any of the following Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) prevention programs: Safety Groups Program (SGP), Safe Communities Incentive Program (SCIP) or WorkWell?
- An employer interested in participating in voluntary prevention programs?
- Someone who is committed to building their capacity for and commitment to occupational health and safety?
The Ministry of Labour is launching a consultation on a framework for prevention programs in Ontario that supports strong workplace health and safety culture and performance.
The consultation period will extend until January 30, 2015.
The Ministry of Labour is seeking input on how to ensure that prevention programs:
- Support workplaces in reaching compliance;
- Encourage workplaces to move beyond minimum compliance to development of a strong health and safety culture and performance;
- Motivate employers of all sizes to participate in voluntary prevention programs; and
- Generate measureable outcomes.
The input received will be used to evaluate whether existing programs are fine as they are, need to be tweaked or new programs developed.
You are invited to provide your comments via email at PPRC.MOL@ontario.ca.
Please visit the http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/prevention/ppr/ to see our consultation paper and more information.