IHSA My Health and Safety Program and Health and Safety Program Essentials
While occupational health and safety (OHS) programs are required by legislation, it’s a fact that effective OHS programs not only reduce incidents in the workplace, but also increase operational efficiency, saving you time and money. Health and safety—it’s just good business.
That's why the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) has partnered with eCompliance to launch the My Health and Safety Program, which consists of two online products. You can either use them individually or together.
The IHSA My Health and Safety Program is a web-based health and safety management system that is complemented by a web-based e-learning course called Health and Safety Program Essentials. The e-learning course is for people who have little or no experience with health and safety. It will provide you with the foundation you need to effectively manage health and safety for your business.
Why should my company take part in Health and Safety Program Essentials?
- It's the first safety program development course of its kind - This program is designed to provide education and support on a number of critical safety topics.
- It's IHSA-approved training - Health and Safety Program Essentials is based on the 19 elements of an effective health and safety management system for IHSA member industries.
- You can train anywhere and at any time with Health and Safety Program Essentials so you can learn at your own pace.
Why should my company take part in IHSA's My Health and Safety Program?
- Are you considering Certificate of Recognition (COR™) program? Our program will help you prepare through its comprehensive guide to achieving and maintaining the COR™ standard in Ontario. COR™ is a nationally recognized tool to assess a firm's health and safety management system.
Save time on OHS administration. With IHSA's My Health and Safety Program you can
- increase communication
- increase accountability
- better prepare for staff training requirements
- improve your inspection reporting process using mobile devices.
- The specially designed processes will ensure your program meets current provincial requirements.
- It will help reduce the human and financial costs associated with workplace injuries and illness.